There are still many people in Ireland who lack the skills and confidence they need to participate fully in our digital society. The ICDL Digital Citizen, is the successor to the successful EqualSkills programme, and is designed to help bridge this digital divide.
The Digital Citizen programme outlines the basic skills needed to use a computer and the Internet. This specially designed module teaches candidates how to complete everyday tasks in a confident way. The programme has been created for all learners, regardless of status, education, age or ability.
Digital Citizen learners receive comprehensive printed workbooks to guide them as they learn. Digital Citizen tutors provide extra support in this fun and informal programme.
- It is a fun, informal and uncomplicated introduction to computers and the Internet for complete beginners.
- It is designed to give an appreciation and basic understanding of computers and the Internet.
- It is designed to build confidence and provide a basis to encourage further exploration and development of computer and Internet skills.
Candidates who complete the Digital Citizen programme will gain the skills needed in order to progress onto the ICDL Workforce modules and beyond. They will be able to:
- understand how to start up and shut down a computer
- understand how to navigate the Desktop and how to store files
- understand how to create, save and edit a document
- understand how to use search engines, use online services and evaluate online information
- Communicate online via email and instant messaging
Killarney, Kerry | Macroom | Cork City | Online
Course Available as Daytime Training | Night Classes | One-to-One | Online
6 X 2 hours sessions in a classroom format
or 5 X 90 minute sessions One – One
Please contact Island Computers & Training for more details.